03 June 2009
Let's face it, we download a lot of stuff just to try it out for a day or two until we totally forget about it. I admit it, I do that all the time. I see something interesting, I just feel the need to play around with it. But over time, this can cause your system to slow down drastically, especially during bootup. What used to be a speedy startup can now take minutes just for hourglass on your cursor to go away.
To remedy this, I suggest Revo Uninstaller [http://www.revouninstaller.com/]
It works like Windows 'Add/Remove Programs' except that TRULY DOES uninstall a program. Often times, the program's uninstaller will leave behind files, folders, registry files, and other things. You could manually search for all of it and delete it by hand, or you can use Revo Uninstaller. It automatically finds all the leftover files after uninstalling your program and gives you the option to delete them. In case you accidentally deleted something you needed, it creates restore points before each operation. To top things off, this piece of software is completely free.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)